Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Rubi

I don't like Rubi. I don't like Spanish telenovelas lately. I used to like them before, because I studied Spanish in college. But now, I don't like them.

I have to, however, watch them. Sort of. I do not really have to watch them. But my aunt watches them, which is just about everyday I return from work. She watches Rubi.

Rubi is a bida na contra-bida. She has a good side, but when I watched the series, the outstanding personality is the scheming, selfish gold-digger.

O well. That's what

* * *

I again overheared the news while taking a bath. The local news is again about the jueteng issue being thrown to the Administration.

I just thought of this when I was taking a bath: Anti-Money Laundering Law.

I mean, if jueteng money was deposited to various accounts in the amount of millions of pesos, can't there be a money-laundering concern here, which the Anti-Money Laundering Act could look into? It should be easy to get a warrant (or whatever that paper authority is) to look into the bank accounts of the people concerned, and from whom the paper came from?

I pray for the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment