Saturday, June 04, 2005

Date

On my way to work, the radio played again a favorite song, Kanlungan. After that came a 3 to 5-minute blabber from the DJ (Kailangan pa bang i-memorize iyan? Duhh! They are brainwashing the people!)

After that, a song that I liked the beat... I'm leaving yesterday behind... or something like that. After that, grrr.... an OST.

* * *

No. I can't tell a lot about what happened. I am writing now only to learn what I have learned about myself with regards to how I may or would relate from that one "date."

* * *

I got to the place early. As a gentleman, I have to be early. So my initial target was 30 minutes before the appointed time, but I thought it would be significantly long. Even though I could visit our company in that place (Export Bank Buendia), I also thought that 30 minutes is 1) too long to stand and wait; and, 2) girls would be late. I could simply go there on the appointed time and know that they would be late.

They are. We met around 6:30PM, the appointed time was 6:00PM. O well, what could I expect.

Actually, by 6:30PM, I met only our common friend, but not the person my friend set me up to meet. We met actually perhaps 6:45 or 7:00PM, because I was able to listen to a business opportunity meeting (BOM) for at least 15 minutes. Again, "O well...."

So we met. Her name was.... With questions not to make the times she is not talking quiet, I asked some questions. She was 26 years old, at least two years older than I am. We just listened for a while again with the BOM, and then went down (the BOM was in the 15th floor). Our friends left, and we ate at Jollibee. I had chicken strips, she had a Big Meal.

After that, I went with her to meet her friend. A guy. Heheheh.

I left her and got to work.

* * *

Nice experience. So what did I learn?

Before, I thought I would like to meet a mature woman, that I would be able to go along with such a personality. I learned in this experience that I was wrong.

She has been working for 5 years. She lives with friends and colleagues in Intramuros as an Account Receivables officer, a programming graduate, and has been a classmate-seatmate of my DBM friend for FOUR years in high school in San Miguel, Bulacan. Currently, she does not have a boyfriend.

Where am I going with these things?

Nowhere.

What did I learn?

What I don't like. Or what I thought I would like, but learned that it is not an absolute way to make a connection.

Complaints, complaints, complaints.

* * *

I don't like this. I think I feel something that I don't llike. Worse, it's with someone whose charateristics are included in the parameters I would not want to be involved with.

I hate this feeling. But I feel.... WHATEVER!

* * *

What would I write tomorrow? I already have a title but I can't remember what it would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment