Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Birthday

It's just one month, and I'll be celebrating two dozen years of living on planet Earth. Yup. I'll be twenty-four a month from now. O well. It's bound to come, anyway.

I would rather think that I have accomplished much in those years, but I have to admit that there are a lot of things which I also have set my eyes on.

* * *

I am writing a letter for my favorite JPOP star Tamaki Nami. I still don't know what to write because I don't know exactly what she would be interested in, but I guess I'll just write something about my country, myself, and how I learned of her and why. Seems like a lot, huh. But it is not as easy as it sounds.

Being a communication major, I have to think and be sensitive of the receiver of my message. The receiver of my message, as I understand, does not understand English, so I have to make my English in 3Cs style (something I learned in the military): clear, concise and complete. It's not so easy still, but it guides on how and what to write.

I started learning Japanese, but it was very hard. I am now studying Japanese on my own - from books. I have finished Hiragana, but writing is different when it becomes a conversation or story - not words which were my building blocks of reading.

Tamaki Nami is a very pretty girl, and despite being 24 years old myself, I am happy that I got to see a person so much younger than I am but have created such a worldwide impact in entertainment - not to mention intercultural barriers.

I hope my letter would mean something for her.

(Honestly, I don't think so, but I have to motivate myself.)

1 comment:

  1. i think i should also learn japanese since i'm planning to study there...

    ReplyDelete