Monday, June 13, 2005

Leadership lessons

I heard (without watching) in the news that another witness has surfaced belying the claims that the Government Administration is doing anomalous activities, particularly with jueteng. I thank God for that.

To anyone who discredits the leadership for "credibility," they should not be put in leadership position. Those who cannot be good followers CANNOT be good leaders.

They cannot fulfill their position, how much can they cope withe the responsibility of leadership?

* * *

Christian leadership is simply the best form of leadership.

I don't like PGMA very much, but as of this time, she is the President by law. She IS elected by the plurality (I don't remember if she got majority). She is the President.

People don't appreciate her moves if they are not for them. Who does?

I read this on June 12 (Philippine Standard Time). This is just awesome. How did a Christian live? See Paul's anecdote.

"21To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that!

What anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I. 23Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?" (Emphasis added).

From 2 Corinthians 21-29 NIV.

But how did Paul respond?

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. " (v. 30).

Awesome. This verse... just sort of challenged me.

I miss being a disciple. I miss that life. It is The True Life here on earth.

I could only wish that if she were a true leader, she would respond the same way.

Note: Verses courtesy of BibleGateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment