Sunday, June 19, 2005

Personal: Anne

Wow. It's Rizal's birthday. It's Father's Day. And it's a very romantic day.

* * *

I called a very dear friend this morning, Anne. It was actually very much unplanned. I was preparing to sleep, and I have already lied down. The thought of speaking to her and telling her that I love her just popped to my mind. And I decided not to let the moment pass.

I called her on my mobile phone. After two rings, she immediately answered, "Brod, bakit?"

As usual, "Wala lang." I just want to express to her that she is important to me. She told (asked, really?) me, "Na-miss mo 'ko no?" I did not deny it.

She asked me what happened yesterday when I met with our other friends, Sheryl and Gladys. I gave her the gyst of events: ate at Burger King, and watched Batman Begins. It was fun. I hope we could be with Anne next time.

She clarified that, or I asked if, she was on speakerphone. She was. She was dressing up when she answered her mobile, so she has to bring it down. I have to know, just to be sure, if there is any other person in her room. There was none (for a reason).

When she said she'll say goodbye, I called her attention one last time for that call. I said, "Ey, I love you."

Considering that her phone was on speaker mode, she asked again, "Ano?"

I put the phone closer to my lips. "I love you."

That was the purpose of the call. Just that. To say that I love her.

I miss her, yes. But I love her as a very dear friend.

* * *

In the bus, I heard a very romantic song. What's more romantic that It might be you? I cannot think of any other song comparable to it. It is a very romantic night. Just like the night I sent Anne an SMS and asked her to look up to the stars.

And when I went inside our building, the song is another romantic song, one that promises very good things, Nothing's gonna change my love for you (or something like that).

This is a very romantic night.

* * *

I am happy. Not just because I heard Anne's voice. I am happy with what I did. I am happy that I was able to express to Anne that I love her. No longer romantically, but with confidence that she has been a person I hold dear. I am happy, more than anything, because I hoped that what I did made her smile, and that what I intended was to make her smile. This time, it is not for me.

I miss a lot of people. The thing is that they don't miss me that much. O well. Life goes on. What is important is what I do, not what other people think of me (in the context of objective resolution).

I am happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment