Monday, May 02, 2005

Naapakan ang paa ko.

This is an old story, I just want to make sure I remember it in the future. Somehow.

I was on my way to work, I was riding a bus. Everything was just normal and fine. I even watched my favorite Koreanovela before going to work, which sort of made my day before getting to work.

So, there I was, sitting. The bus stopped. Fine. But then, the person with me in the seat suddenly stood up and walked to get off the bus. That's fine. I don't care. But he stepped on MY FOOT! (Ouch!)

Out of that fine day (or night, since I work graveyard shift), my mode accelerated from fine ding-a-ling mode to GRRRR!-WAR mode.

I had to be patient, I thought. 1... 2.... 3.... 4... 10. I should be patient. It is to the betterment of a person to overlook an offense (or something like that), I thought.

After a moment of grumbling (quietly), a thought hit me. Why can't I think this way when a person close to me hurt me?

Yes. In that moment of self-defensive mode, I suddenly thought of an idea for other people.

I mean, if I could easily (sort of) forgive or let go of hurts by other people whom I DON'T LOVE or DON'T CARE ABOUT, why do I have a hard time forgiving people that I love?

I would still have to find an answer... if the question is correct.

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11, NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment