Sunday, May 22, 2005

Crises

A person has few turning points in his or her life. They could be in the point of deciding on whether to be a bum or be a productive person. To be mature or to be childlike. To be adventurous or to be traditional.

To be alone or to be open for relationship.

* * *
I heard of the discussion for the raise for wage of workers. As much as I am a worker, I am not exactly pro on that topic.
I am concerned with what would happen in the long run, after the wage of the workers were raised.
Two basic implications: strain to the employers, and cyclical pull to raise the price of goods made by the companies who give wage to the workers as one of the costs of production.
Shall we raise the price of oil again?
* * *
I am enjoying writing about the life of a cadet officer in Manila. I don't know, if this progresses, maybe I could finally write the book I wanted to write about for a long time.
Being a cadet officer is not so easy, and being one in UP Manila is even tougher. People both inside the ROTC and outside do not understand the unique situation of the Cadet Corps of Manila. Maybe, with this, they would understand.
* * *
I saw a Presidential Security Group member in the LRT when I was on my way to work. I remembered a feature done on them, and I have come to admire them a lot. They are really a tough special operations force, and if I were given the chance, I would like them to train a UP Manila special operations unit with their VIP security and extraction specialized operations.
Of course, my most favorite unit in the AFP is the Scout Rangers. They are unique and the best.
* * *
This is interesting. The new national intelligence chief used to be an ambassador to the Philippines. Interesting, indeed. I wonder how it would affect relations between US and RP - in reality (aside from the words of the media).
That is aside from the fact that, as I understand, the national intelligence chief is distinct from the Director of Central Intelligence (DCI), which used to be the overall chief of ALL intelligence activities of the United States.
* * *
Interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment