Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Philippine Presidency

I hate what is going on in the country. Filipinos are not being united, everyone is being selfish (sometimes, even I myself). Everyone is claiming they are calling for things in the interest of the nation, but they are actually interested in their own people being put in the seat of power.
I don't like Gloria. But, as of this moment, she's the duly elected leader of the country! Why call for her to resign!? It'd actually be a legal irresponsibility and ethical and moral problem for her to resign. She has a responsibility to take. People forget that. People in the position of power does not only wield power, but they also carry burden. They do not appreciate that.
I am not in a position of power, but I understand it. I guess it comes with me being able to communicate - or better, to take a moment to consider what the other person feels in his or her situation. Not a lot of people do. People in the opposition, who are supposed only to take a counter-position in an issue, do not do their work. Even that Pimentel guy.
My brod admired him, appreciating how he USED TO take an issue-based stand. But no more.
He took a stupid position in going to the Opposition being led by a person who cannot take defeat correctly, and messes with a reporter in front of a camera. I wonder how he thinks he lost to cheating. He lost because of his own action.
When Gloria came to power, I was personally against it. Maybe, I am conservative. But I am for the proper process. When a group of people goes to EDSA just to litter and shout, they create unrest and bring down the country for their so called "national interest." National interest my ass!
People are easy to condemn someone for their mistake. But who does not commit a mistake? And her defense is not just that.
There are more.
She only needs to do one thing.
But then, I wouldn't want to publish it here.
If she's interested, she could contact me.
I hope people would stop for a moment to think. When a person does not think but reacts on emotion alone, he or she gets messed up. When a country reacts on emotion alone, the people hurt themselves, without them knowing that the reason is due to their own doing.
May God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment