Saturday, July 23, 2005

Birthday and Purpose

It was the usual day for my birthday. After 24 years, I still have to go on doing the role of a big brother to my lady friends. Nothing for me. I was tempted and almost fell to self-pity, but the self-pity that I could allow is this thing - blogging.
* * *
July 20. Without sleep, from work, I got to UP Manila to meet Anne. I thought I could stay up until maybe 1300H, latest is 1400H. I thought I would just go with him to NBI to get her clearance. But that's not the way it should be. It's too easy. Let's make it harder for you.
I waited until 1210H. Finally, she arrived. We ate while she waited for her TCG (True Copy of Grades), which the Office of the College Secretary did not finish accurately. So, we have to wait until 1330H when it would be corrected. Good news: We won't go to NBI. Challenging News: I have to go with her to Makati because she (nor does her father who came later) does not know how to get to the place she went top twice already.
What a day to start the day.
* * *
July 22. It was a rest day. Actually, I just wanted to stay at home. I was supposed to wash my shoes, but thought I needed them to go out. My plan for this day was get myself a gift (a Bible or study help), get the gift from Ate Connie (my supervisor when I was a student assistant in the dean's office of CAS), and then give Ruth the receipt for the Gloria Jeans. Everything was well until I met Ruth.
Again, she has her problem with her boyfriend.
And again, with whom would she share this problem, other than me?
I mean, I don't want to be boastful about it, but, can't anybody help her? I mean, it's just my birthday yesterday, and now, I have to endure solving your problem?
But that is my role.
Not to be loved, or be romantically involved, nor be appreciated, but just work on my role.
What is the purpose of a birthday?
Aside from being born, it is to recognize and realize that role which has been put to you.
* * *
No amount of words, quality of expression, sincerity of sacrifice, or strength of love and action, can make a person understand if she does not want to.
The sparkle of the eyes says a lot... if a person only wants to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment