Wednesday, October 05, 2005

People Come and Go

Initiative vs. Roles. Yes. An irony of the various values of life. Accept your roles in  life, or take initiative and make changes to society for its development? How do you settle the two important concepts of living a life on earth? Is life for development, or for accepting your purpose?
* * *
Dream and Purpose. Another paradox. I dream of being something for myself, but I believe that I have a different purpose. I dream of two things: to be a teacher of God's Word, and a teacher of my career in communication, or a trainor. Not significantly different, but they are of different worlds. Can purpose be settled?
* * *
Accepting weakness against Development. Yes. Like initiative vis-a-vis roles, do you pursue development, or strive for people to accept you for who you are? Vice versa, do you strive to develop a person you love, or do you accept them for who they are? Sounds easy for other people, but, really, is it easy to balance? Is there a common ground?
* * *
You have to accept it. People come and go out of your life. People you love, people you put in high regard, people you value. Things come and go, but it is more difficult to realize and accept that people do come and go. They ravish you with flowery words, making you appreciate yourself in doing something for them, but after what you have done, you are like you never even existed in their life.
Accept it. People come and go.
* * *
The day before yesterday, (Sunday morning, I think), I was on the bus when I heard a very familiar song. It was one of the favorite songs of my buddy, She. I just got heard it before when I was in the Corps without listening. Even when we were in the parade and I was giving my lady sponsor the kiss (to the hand), I did not put it in my heart. That day, when I was in the bus, I was able to understand a bit why my brod liked it and decided to use it as the theme song for our Presentation of Sponsors.
Part of the song goes something like this:
She
May be the beauty or the beast
May be the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell
She may be the mirror of my dreams
The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell

No comments:

Post a Comment