Saturday, August 22, 2015

Performance Information System using Google Fusion Tables

I finished last Friday 5 out of our 14 units' performance contracts (PCs) in our Performance Information System. Previously, 8 were entered by another staff, so there is only one unit remaining PC to be entered. After that, I have to review the records entered prior. With populating the commitments table almost finished, I have to go back to writing the concept and how-to-use document.

I have written a number of times on the performance information system, so my organization in writing is kinda messed up. I hope I would be able to fix this sooner as I hope to finish the system mid-September (revised timeline, I know). When I say "finish," I mean it should be pre-populated and there should be a ready document telling what it is, what it is for, and how to use it.

For managers, of course.

For managers who have no time to listen to how this system works, or how they should use it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. It's just my observation and statement of my anticipation to my presentation being welcomed by either long yawns or questions on the integrity of the system, doubt about the effectiveness of the system, or question about the wisdom of using properly their executive time, or a combination of these and other scary things.

I'm just being realistic.

Since 2013, I have really thought about this. What I can only say is that I see some hope of this being used. So despite being scared, I am continuing. Studying how to make this work, without overtime compensation, of course.

The development of this information system also brought some questions on our performance management system as well. Questions on small details that accumulate and impact the things that matter the most to the units: the score.

Anyway, I will just stop here, I only wanted to introduce the document, which is still a ROUGH DRAFT (my working file).

It's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment