Sunday, July 21, 2013

Birthday Work

Last year, I also wrote on the day after my birthday, particularly the first few hours of my 32nd year living on this planet. Now, I am doing that again. I just want to write something, because last year, I wrote about missing writing.

Working on my birthday is not new for me. My first job was in a call center, working on graveyard shift. I worked for training companies. I worked at UP Manila. All of these companies required that I work on my birthday, even if it falls on a rest day.

Like now. It's 2:14 AM here in the Philippines, but I am doing the layout of something.

Anyway, right now, I just want to recognize and express my appreciation for the many people who have been part of my life. This is just a list. No expression except that first sentence in this paragraph, and this: "Thank you."

First and foremost, I thank God. For creating me, blessing me with both the capacity to do things according to His will, and the weaknesses to help me appreciate my position in this world and depend on Him. Nothing will happen without His permission. Even my failures, which led me here. Yes, here.

I am grateful for my family.
I am grateful for all my friends.
I am grateful for all my colleagues, now and before.

This is supposedly a long post, but I don't have time now. That is the reason I always try to express my appreciation when I feel it. Because at times like this, when I want to but I don't have the time, I just can't mention and really express my appreciation.

For you who allowed me to express my appreciation, thank you. Thank you so much.