Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Persistence

It's very interesting how God talks to me about my life. I keep asking Him, "Why all these problems? Why me? When will these end? When will I get my own share of pleasure?" I have many problems, I am having many doubts, and I'm beginning to worry.

(Actually, I do a lot of times, each of those, but today, there are a lot of each and all at the same time!)

I "know" which chapter in the Bible to read. I started the book of Job (I just finished the book of John, about the same pace as that of the Catholic Church for the Holy Week.). I thought I know.

The problem with "knowing" what to read in the Bible when you have a situation is that you would have assumptions and pre-reading interpretations on the message that God is telling you. If you do not prepare for the reading, your Bible-reading is bound to fail. You end up reading the Bible for yourself instead of for being for God. And you are not able to connect to God!

So I was done. I started to do my morning routine.

It's been a while since I listened to FEBC's Pro-Tips, which is a short discussion of Bible verses in the work setting. The topic for today could not have been more exact... Persistence.

What's more, the source could not have been more exact and more unexpected from... Luke 18. The Parable of the Persistent Widow.

The discussion outlined the values of persistence, by using the acrostic, PERSIST.

P - Patience is developed
E - Endurance is enhanced.
R - Respect is earned.
S - Soften heart.
I - Inspire.
S - Solidify faith. (I think... I wasn't able to get everything because I was using my cellphone, and I just got out of the bathroom then so I just had towel on me.)
T - Trust is won.

I hope this helps other people as it has helped me. Remember... Luke 18.

1 comment:

  1. I came across this while Google-ing for Christianity related articles. I've come to see a similar outcome in the way I have been handed and have had to handle tough situations again and again (it seems like once one gets settled another one comes!). I've found that through the events and tests that have been presented to me, I have learned patience and gained endurance; my faith is getting stronger. Trust comes from being a person who can handle the tough situations. Respect comes from being the person who made it through the tough situations. And the inspiration I've found is to be a better person; to be more productive in life, and to not be so selfish; that's a big one for me. I find that the less selfish I am, the happier I am, the better my attitude is, and the more energy I have. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete