Sunday, November 27, 2005

Chinese Day and The Myth

Last Friday, I had a "Chinese Day" for myself. I started the day by getting my ATM from the bank, which was Chinabank. Before I went to the office (to visit a colleague), I ate in Chowking. When I went to the office, I talked for a while with a Filipino-Chinese friend. The last activity of mine outside the house was watching an awesome Chinese movie, The Myth, starred by Jackie Chan and Kim Hee Seon.
(More on The Myth later)
All throughout the day, I brought my book The Chinese Secret Service.
Suddenly, I felt myself being pulled by the Chinese culture. Not that it is bad, but I liked Japanese culture better before. Now, I don't understand it, but I feel a rush of emotion everytime I remember even just the music of the dance of Kim Hee Seon.
* * *
from www.jackiechan.com
The Myth, I don't know why, impacted me so much. I almost cannot sleep. I watched it twice - meaning, I went to the moviehouse AND paid to watch it twice. I don't know just why. I appreciate everything about it, considering that it is not so much of effects. Of course, I normally like military movies. I appreciate the occassional cultural movies, but this one's effect on me is beyond everything I have had before (I have thought before, in Titanic, Why would I go to the moviehouse twice and pay just to watch a movie? I didn't think I would eat my words on that point.). I remember the romance and the legend of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, the music of Chinese tunes of Sunday mornings when I was a kid (which I never appreciated), but in this movie, they are combined with awesome effect! The music is PERFECT! I hope to write a review about it here or on my other website...
* * *
Hmmm... I am wondering, what is happening to people's relationships these days? Cannot they be content that they have people? I guess it is hard to accept the weakness of people? But is not that accepted when you say you 'love' the person?
* * *
More on The Myth later.

No comments:

Post a Comment